Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
Be an exciting part of the New York Area Chapter of PCMA by nominating the ideal candidate (or yourself!) to serve on the Board of Directors.
We are seeking nominations for the following positions:
Performs the duties of the president in case of the president’s absence or inability to act. Serves as President the following year.
Directors serve as liaisons to the board for each committee. All positions are for a three-year term (January 2018 – December 2020).
- Each nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending all scheduled board meetings of which 12 are held each year (usually conference calls at 1 hour/each), as well as the Spring and Fall Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board.
- Must attend chapter events and assume responsibility for any registration fees.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
You may either nominate another NYPCMA chapter member or self-nominate. Please send an e-mail to Chris Lynn at email@example.com with the position and a very brief description of why you think the nominated person would be a good asset to the board. All nominees are required to complete this 2018 board application form, which is due by 5pm on Friday, August 25, 2017. If you have questions about any of the available positions, you can call Chris at (212) 850-0337.
Not ready to take on this level of commitment in 2018? Don’t hesitate to let us know if you’re interested in taking your first steps in getting more involved by becoming a committee member or chair.
Chris FJ Lynn
Nominating Committee Chair