Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
Be an exciting part of the New York Area Chapter of PCMA by nominating the ideal candidate (or yourself!) to serve on the Board of Directors.
We are seeking nominations for the following positions:
Performs the duties of the president in case of the president’s absence or inability to act. Serves as President the following year.
Oversight responsibility for the funds and minutes of the Chapter. Position is a two-year term (January 2019 – December 2020)
Directors serve as liaisons to the board for each committee. All positions are for a three-year term (January 2019 – December 2021). Directors lead committees, but may change which committee they lead each year. The nominating committee will make suggestions on which committee each nominee is a fit for.
Interested? Here are the criteria that will make you succeed:
- Be a member in good standing.
- Commit to attending all scheduled board meetings (usually conference calls at 1 hour/each), as well as the Spring and Fall Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board.
- Attend chapter events.
- Adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
You may either nominate another NYPCMA chapter member or self-nominate. Please send an e-mail to Jessica Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and a very brief description of why you think the nominated person would be a good asset to the board. All nominees are required to complete this 2019 board application form, which is due by 5pm on Friday, August 24, 2018. If you have questions about any of the available positions, you can call Jessica at (908) 912-4418.
Not ready to take on this level of commitment in 2019? Don’t hesitate to let us know if you’re interested in taking your first steps in getting more involved by becoming a committee member or chair.
Jessica L. Levin, MBA, CMP, CAE, DES
Nominating Committee Chair