Summer is finally here. The sun is warm, the rain showers are intense, and home-schooling is finally finished. I hope you are able to take time away from work, get outside, and find moments of relaxation and joy.
Are you longing to see people and not through a screen? On Tuesday, July 14, we’ll be turning our bi-weekly social hour into a hybrid event for Bastille Day. And on Friday, July 30, we’ll be exploring Puerto Rico through a virtual pub crawl, learning how to craft three different cocktails along the way. Join us for these social events and celebrate what makes NYPCMA such a vibrant community.
Our volunteer committees have been busy, creating innovative programs that provide support, education, and opportunities to make a difference:
- Buy a #PCMANYStrong T-shirt to raise money for the PCMA Industry Relief Fund.
- Discover (and add to) a list of resources to guide each of us on our journey to create a diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist society.
- Prepare for the CMP exam with our evolving resources page.
- Show support for our 2020 mentors and mentees, and consider participating in the next round.
- Review the tools and tips on preparing for life’s next chapter.
Stay tuned for details on Education Day and other upcoming events. Do you have an idea for what you’d like to see or discover? Are you able to volunteer? This is your chapter; help us make it the chapter you want to see.
I look forward to seeing you soon, and can’t wait to do so in person.
Stay safe, stay well, and stay engaged.