Looking to make an impact on the local hospitality community? NYPCMA is now accepting applications for their 2021 Mentorship Program.
NYPCMA’s Mentorship Program pairs together local industry professionals with a local hospitality student mentee over an eight month program to share career experiences, advice for personal and professional growth and development, tips & tricks, and to simply make a meaningful connection. Mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and enhances their opportunities for social and economic success — make your mark on the future of the hospitality industry’s this year.
Last year’s mentors shared the following experiences:
- It has been a great experience to connect with others, and be able to help guide young professionals in our industry!
- The program has been great. I have coached my first mentee through a summer job that turned into a position.
- It’s been great so far. I’ve enjoyed getting to know the women and am looking forward to continuing to help them achieve their goals.
- Opportunity to share your professional knowledge and experiences
- Build your leadership and management skills (mentors are six times more likely to be promoted! Source)
- Expand your professional network by meeting fellow mentors who represent diverse career paths
- Gain access to a closed LinkedIn group where mentors can ask questions and share knowledge
- Training materials and resources will be provided to guide you through the program
- Connect on ideas in an ever-changing industry
- Both members and non-members are welcome to apply
- Maintain regular communication with your mentee, at least once per month from April through December 2021
- Must be able to attend the kickoff webinar event on Tuesday, March 23rd (mentors) at 5pm ET or Wednesday, March 24th (mentees) at 5pm ET.
February 1: Applications open
March 1: Applications close
March 15: Notification of acceptance to program
March 30: Mentor kick-off webinar at 5pm ET
March 31: Mentee kick-off webinar at 5pm ET
April 1: You receive your mentor/mentee’s contact information; program begins!
August 1: Midpoint check in from NYPCMA
December 15: Program closes; final survey sent
Apply to be a mentor: https://forms.gle/FMzBnqaJPdaaEgGM6
Apply to be a mentee (students or recent graduates of hospitality programs only): https://forms.gle/nbAxWdvTq48mt3wr7
Questions? Please contact the NYPCMA Emerging Leaders Committee.