- This event has passed.
February 26 @ 1:00 pm– 4:45 pm EST
Please join us for an afternoon of learning and networking at the NYPCMA Winter Program. The day will be filled with an insightful session, From Virtual to Reality: Bridging the Gap in Meetings & Events Through Innovation.
As the Metaverse continues to evolve, a series of exciting opportunities emerges for the hospitality industry to create meaningful connections with both existing and prospective customers.
Embark on an innovative education session with us as we delve into the profound impact of the Metaverse on the Hospitality Industry. Explore how event organizers can harness innovative marketing avenues to generate a buzz around their brands. Uncover the transformative potential of cutting-edge tools, including:
- Virtual travel and booking
- Virtual tours of hotels and resorts
- Immersive customer experiences
- Augmented reality concierge services
- Virtual dining experiences
- Remote work and meetings
- Virtual business conferences in the Metaverse
We’ll also shed light on the revolutionary “try before you book” concept in the travel business. Furthermore, discover the empowering role of ChatGPT as an enhancement tool in this dynamic landscape.
- Understanding the Metaverse in the realm of the events and hospitality industry
- Understanding key concepts like virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and ChatGPT
- Understanding how the human connection will remain strong despite the rise of AI
Janette Roush, EVP Marketing and Digital, New York City Tourism + Conventions
Dr. Richie Karaburun, aka “Dr. K”, Clinical Associate Professor, Director, HI Hub Incubator, NYU, Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality
Location: Ease Hospitality, 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158
1:00pm-2:00pm: Registration and networking
Accessibility: The venue is accessible. If you need additional accessibility services or have questions, please contact [email protected].
- Membership to the PCMA New York Chapter is not required to attend. Guests are welcome.
- If you are not a member, click here to learn more about membership.
- If you are a member of PCMA, but not a member of the New York Chapter, please contact [email protected] to add the New York Chapter to your account. The cost to add a chapter to your membership is $30.00.
- Early registration closes on Thursday, February 22. After that, only onsite registration will be available beginning at 1:00pm on Monday, February 26, at Ease Hospitality.
- Click here to register or click on the blue button below.
Spread the word! As part of our NYPCMA chapter’s equitable efforts, we’re giving away two tickets to non-member event planners from the Black, Indigenous, People of Color communities, and/or those of low socioeconomic backgrounds. This is your chance to join NYPCMA and our business event professional friends for this special event! Please email [email protected] by February 22 for more information.
PCMA has been approved by the Events Industry Council (EIC) as a Preferred Provider of the above-listed continuing education course, which qualifies for CMP continuing education credit. Determination of continuing education credit eligibility or Preferred Provider status does not imply EIC’s endorsement or assessment of education quality.
If you plan to claim education credit, please register for this meeting with the same email associated with your EIC account. You will receive an automated message to claim credit after the meeting when the final attendee roster is uploaded to the EIC.
The education credit total for this session is 1.5 hours.
Thank you to our host and sponsors!